The Week Ahead in the PA Senate
The week of February 3, 2020
On Tuesday at 11:30 a.m., the governor gives his budget address to a joint session of the legislature. You can watch session and the address live at PASenateGOP.com.
Bills for Possible Consideration
- SB 94 (Martin) – Making volunteer firefighters eligible for workers compensation coverage.
- SB 309 (Mensch) – Establishing a tax credit for first-time home buyers.
- SB 432 (Phillips-Hill) — allowing Medicaid Managed Care Organizations to have access to the information in the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program.
- SB 462 (Phillips-Hill) – Repealing outdated provisions of the School Code.
- SB 640 (Boscola) — Authorizing the Commonwealth to join the Physical Therapist Compact (PTC).
- SB 679 (Yaw) – Adding a new section to the Dam Safety and Encroachments Act authorizing counties to adopt a program for “stream cleaning” and maintenance.
- HB 330 (Emrick) — Amending the Taxpayer Relief Act to make technical corrections with regard to references made to the Local Tax Enabling Act.
- HB 1001 (Oberlander) — Licensing and regulating donor human milk banks in Pennsylvania.
- HB 1045 (Turzai) — Requiring the Commonwealth Financing Authority to conduct business six times per year on specific dates.
- SB 850 (Langerholc) – Establishing the Community Integrated Schools for Success pilot program.
- HB 1578 (Helm) – Making technical changes to the Uniform Condominium Act, the Real Estate Cooperative Act and the Uniform Planned Community Act.
Senate Hearings Streamed Live
Public hearing on data privacy and potential updates to the Breach of Personal Information Act
Senate Communications and Technology Committee | North Office Building, Hearing Room 1
Public hearing on testimony by the Chancellor of the State System of Higher Education
Higher Education Funding Commission | House Majority Caucus Room
Agricultural Mental Health Roundtable
Senate Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee | Penn State University, Beaver Campus